- 2 x 420g tins chickpeas
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 chilli, chopped
- ½ tsp each of cumin, garam
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley or coriander to garnish
- Lemon wedges to squeeze before serving
-Optional to serve — toss through kale leaves, parmesan, herbs
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Lie them on a piece of paper towel and pat dry. The drier, the crispier they will become.
3. Spread them on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with oil and toss through the salt, garlic and chilli. Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes until crispy and golden. Remove and toss through the mixed spices while they are hot.
Makes 3 cups
Recipe provided by Viva Magazine: https://www.viva.co.nz/article/food-drink/crispy-roasted-chickpeas-recipe/