- curly kale 150g
- olive oil or avocado oil 1 tablespoon
- chili flakes one pinch (optional)
- sesame seeds 1 teaspoon
- flaky sea salt one pinch
Preheat oven to 175degC/350 Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut kale leaves from the tough stalks.
- Tear kale leaves into roughly 3-4cm bite-sized pieces and pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss kale with oil, chilli flakes and sesame seeds in prepared baking tray.
- Season with just a pinch of flakey salt (they’re quite delicate, so be careful not to over-salt them).
- Lay in a single layer on prepared baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until crispy. They will go a dark green colour with a little brown around the edges – be careful not to burn them or they will risk tasting bitter, so watch carefully and take them out as soon as they are done! If they are not done after 10-12 minutes, you can keep cooking them for 1 minute extra at a time until they are crispy, but watch them carefully.
- Serve in a bowl for a tasty, salty, crispy snack!