2 medium sweet potatoes (rinsed and dried)
2 Tbs vegetable oil
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp freshly-cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 230˚C.
- Cut the potatoes into 6 mm thin strips, or to your desired thickness and length. Mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with the potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Spread the potatoes in a single layer. Try not to overcrowd or have multiple layers of fries — you want them to be roasted, not steamed.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning the fries once or twice during that time to cook evenly. This may take more or less time, depending on the size and thickness you cut the fries.
- Remove once the edges slightly begin to brown and fries begin to crisp. Sprinkle coarse salt on top when they are hot out of the oven.