- 2 apples
- 240 mL water
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 80 gram quinoa flakes
- 700 mL milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Coarsely grate the apples, keeping the skin on, and place into a medium-sized saucepan with the water and sugar. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes to soften the apples.
2. Add the quinoa flakes, milk, vanilla and cinnamon to the saucepan and stir well. Start off with the lower amount of cinnamon and sugar, and increase according to taste.
3. Bring to the boil on medium heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5–7 minutes until the porridge is thick and creamy.
4. Serve with extra milk if needed.