2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Onion chopped
1 clove Garlic, finely sliced
1 Red Pepper, cut into 2cm diced
1 can (400g) Chopped tomatoes in juice
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Bay leaf
1 can (400g) Borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
1 drizzle Liquid honey (to taste)
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a low heat and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook slowly for 10 minutes to soften the onion and garlic without colouring.
- Add the diced red pepper, chopped tomatoes, paprika and bay leaf. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes until the red pepper is soft.
- Add the borlotti beans and heat through. Sweeten to your taste with honey.