Makes one large serving
- 400ml milk or soy milk
- 50g white polenta
- 10g castor sugar
- 10g brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2 tablespoons roasted rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 stick rhubarb
- 50g castor sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 50g palm sugar
- 5g cinnamon
- Put milk, castor sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a pot and put on to medium heat.
- Whisk until the sugar has dissolved and milk is hot, but not boiling.
- Slowly add polenta while continuing to whisk and cook for one to two minutes, or until you reach the desired consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and top with cinnamon sugar, rhubarb and golden syrup.
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Wash and then cut the rhubarb into 2-3cm pieces.
- On a baking tray evenly distribute half the sugar then place the rhubarb on top of the sugar with the flat side down.
- Sprinkle the rest of the sugar over top of the rhubarb.
- Put into the oven for 15 minutes or until the rhubarb is soft.
TIP: You want the rhubarb to hold its shape and not go mushy. Be careful as it will keep cooking even after you take it out of the oven.
- Cut palm sugar into small pieces.
- Add all ingredients together, mix.
TIP: You can make extra cinnamon sugar and keep it in the fridge for dessert or on toast
Recipe provided by Ti Kouka Cafe in Wellington.
If would like to download this recipe, click here.