- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, grated
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 2 cups gluten-free baking mix
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Heat a splash of oil in a small frying pan and gently cook onion, bacon and courgette.
- Sift baking mix and baking powder into a bowl with a pinch of salt and mix in grated cheese, onion, bacon and courgette.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in combined egg, milk and butter. Gently stir until just mixed.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and springy on top.
- Allow to cool a few minutes in the tin before removing.
Delicious served warm with butter!