Makes 10 fritters
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 x 300 g tin creamed sweetcorn, gluten free
- ¼ cup ground cornmeal flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder, gluten free
- 1 tsp salt
- plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup whole corn kernels cut off the cob, or use tinned
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- oil for cooking
- Place the egg yolks, creamed sweetcorn, cornmeal flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the whole kernel corn and spring onions. Mix.
- Fold these through the corn mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add oil and, when hot, spoon fritters in to the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the bottoms are golden brown.
- Flip over and cook the other side.
- Keep warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
- Serve with a spicy, gluten free chutney or gluten free chilli sauce, along with sliced avocado and bacon.
Recipe created by Sally Holland.
To download a PDF version of this recipe, please click here.