3 Tbsp Coconut oil or macadamia nut oil
2 Tbsp Maple syrup
2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
3 Cups Puffed rice cereal
2 Cups Quinoa puffs
1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
1 1/2 Chopped nut mix (almonds, walnut, brazil nuts etc)
1/2 cups Coconut chips (can uses shavings or threads and up to 3/4 cup if desired)
1 cup Dried fruit, chopped (e.g. apricots, dates, cranberries, raisins, papaya, mango)
- Heat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine coconut or macadamia oil, maple syrup, honey, cinnamon and vanilla in a small pot and stir on low heat until melted.
- Toss melted mixture with the rice puffs, quinoa puffs, pumpkin seeds, sunflowers seeds and nuts, coating well.
- Transfer to lined oven tray and bake for 8-10 minutes, tossing a few times during cooking.
- Scatter over coconut chips and bake a further 2 minutes (time carefully to watch the coconut doesn’t burn).
- Remove muesli from oven and allow to cool before tossing with dried fruit. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with milk and fresh fruit.
Click here for a PDF version