½ cups cooked long grain rice
2 courgettes, grates
420g can corn kernels, rinsed and rained
4 rashers bacon, rind removed, diced
½ cup grated tasty cheese
1 red onion
2 tomatoes, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt, to season
Pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line a 20cm square pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and rice together. Squeeze excess moisture from the courgettes. Add courgettes corn, bacon and half of the cheese to the egg mixture. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until just set. Leave to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove and cut into 8 slices.
- Meanwhile, to make salsa combine all salsa ingredient in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Serve slice with salsa on the side
Recipe is kindly provided by Countdown.
Click here for PDF version