- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- paprika to finish
- Soak chickpeas over night (8 hours) in plenty of cold water and 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and then cook in a large saucepan with plenty of water for approximately 45 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the heat, drain and cool. Set aside a few chickpeas to garnish hummus with if you like.
- Place chickpeas in a food processor along with tahini, cumin, lemon juice, garlic and a generous sprinkle of salt.
- Process until a thick paste adding a little water until you reach the consistency needed. Taste and adjust flavours if needed .
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika.