Makes 3 cups
- 1 ½ cups whole almonds
- ¾ cup whole macadamias
- ¾ cup whole cashews
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp tamari, gluten free
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Spread the nuts on a baking dish in one layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Mix the sesame seeds, garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, coconut sugar, tamari and rice bran oil to a paste in a bowl.
- Remove nuts from the oven and add the spice paste, stirring to mix well.
- Roast for about another 10 minutes , stirring a couple of times. Be careful not to overcook or they will be bitter.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Note: this recipe is low lactose and dairy-free.
Recipe created by Sally Holland.