- 4 tbsp. of butter
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, cut into chunks;
- 2 tsp garam masala;
- 2 tsp paprika;
- 2 tsp ground coriander;
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger;
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (adjust to taste);
- 1 cinnamon stick;
- 6 bruised cardamon pods;
- 1 can of tomato puree (you can easily puree your own tomatoes if they are meaty enough);
- 3/4 cup coconut milk;
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice;
- Heat a pan, add the first 2 tbsp of butter and stir-fry the chicken chunks. You can cook them in 2 batches if your pan is too small.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Put the second 2 tbsp of butter and slowly heat the spices for a minute or two until you can smell the aroma.
- Put the chicken back in the pan and stir so you mix in all the spices with the chicken.
- At this point, add the tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Add the coconut milk and lemon juice and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.