1kg boneless lamb shoulder, diced into 15mm cubes (alternatively you could use beef)
1 medium onion, chopped
4 clove garlic, minced
400g can diced tomatoes
2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and cut into 15mm cubes
½ cup coriander
200g tomato paste
440mL coconut milk
1-3 teaspoons curry powder, adjust to taste
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 broccoli head
1 cauliflower head
Salt and Pepper to season
- Place the seasoned diced lamb in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with onion, garlic, tomatoes and sweet potato. Stir in coriander leaves and stems.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the coconut milk, tomato paste, curry powder, salt and ground pepper until well mixed. Pour the coconut mixture into the slow cooker over the meat and vegetables.
- Cook for at least 8 hours on low, stirring the mixture every once and awhile.
- Serve over steamed basmati rice and top with additional coriander leaves if desired.
STEAMED VEGE DIRECTIONS
- Place water in a large pot on high heat until boiling
- Cut and rinse broccoli and cauliflower
- Place broccoli and cauliflower into pot of boiling water and cover. Let steam for approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain broccoli and cauliflower
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired.